MODERN APPLIQUÉ ILLUSIONS – Casey York
12 Quilts Create Perspective & Depth
12 sophisticated quilts, award-winning designer Casey York teaches you how to combine secrets borrowed from fine arts with easy quilting methods to create modern quilted optical illusions:
- objects that look three-dimensional
- landscapes that seem to recede into the distance
- even fish that appear to be swimming underwater
The best news – you can do it all with easy raw-edged appliqué and straight-line machine quilting!
These elemental designs look as if they should be hanging in a museum, but they are actually designed for everyday use on your bed or sofa.
- • 12 sleek, modern quilts create the illusion of depth by combining fine-art perspective techniques with easy fusible appliqué and machine quilting
- • Finish raw appliqué edges with hand stitching for a clean look that still has a handmade feeling